Sunday, October 18, 2009

Stargazin'


Okay, so it's all full steam ahead at the moment with my new folio submission for my impending Disney (hopefully final) review.

I want this folio to be almost decadent in presentation. I want the visuals to be incredibly rich, with a lot of history and back-story involved. You can bet a lot of 'homework' will be going into my latest attempt to ingratiate the 'House of Mouse'.

Anyways, introducing my new illustrative/colouring style. I did this rough sketch of Toad (from Nintendo), stargazing. The way I coloured it is meant to be suggestive or perhaps 'evocative' of that childish, coloured-pencil, colouring-in technique/texture.  I wanted to restore a strong youthful quality/energy to my work to aid in the revival of my 'animated' style of illustration.

HEAPS more to come. I am so ridiculously excited about all this. My entire approach has evolved, subsequently my drawing style has too!

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much! The subject, the delicious roundness of it all and the colours. Oh, I've got something to show you later but I'm on my phone now so it's not handy to me. Remind me next time you see me ;)

    ReplyDelete